It’s Friday – possibly the most excruciatingly slow Friday ever. Everyone’s on leave since it’s the end of the year, and thus, the amount of work I have to do has lessened significantly… C’mon people, gimme some work to do. I feel like my brain cells are dying from inactivity (yes I have OCD that way). My eyes are shutting down… and in an attempt to look more lively, I’ve decided to play around with my mascaras.
I know that Guerlain and Majolica aren’t exactly competing brands, but they just happened to be the first two mascaras I saw in my stash. Read my review on Guerlain Maxi Lash Mascara here.
Since Majolica has a plethora of mascaras, here’s how they differ from each other:
- Lash Expander Edge Meister gives you wide and separated lashes
- Lash Beautifying Frame Plus gives you defined and long lashes
- Lash King is an all-in-one mascara which lengthens, thickens, strengthens your lashes
- Lash Enamel Glamour Volume On gives you shiny, thick and impactful lashes
- Lash Gorgeous Wing Neo contains soft fibres which gives you a fuller lash effect
- The plastic comb applicator is supposed to separate for individual application, but as you can see, there was some slight clumping. Points off for a lack of separation.
- The smaller comb at the bottom is meant for the lower lashes or the outer and hard-to-reach corners of your eyes, but I find that it dispenses slight clumps of mascara onto my lashes instead.
- However, it does a pretty good job of extending the upper lashes as well as voluminising them.
- The curling isn’t that great either – I have stubborn lashes, but as you can see, the Guerlain Maxi Lash reached up higher than this mascara.
- If you’re too heavy-handed on application (ie too many coats), you’ll find it getting spidery at the ends.
- Too many coats will also result in the lashes drooping slightly.
- It’s ridiculously waterproof, the type that requires activating major heavy-duty makeup removers, such as my favourite Kiss Me Heroine Make Mascara Remover.
My first-ever mascara was from Majolica, but unfortunately, my love for that doesn’t extend to this mascara – I’m not a big fan of this. Ah well. Time to move on to other mascaras!