I love the end of the year for a wide variety of reasons, but the main one is because of the cooler weather – after 300+ days of sweltering pit-staining humidity, we finally have some respite . Deck the halls with pillows and comforters I say 😀 Because of that, I’m having trouble keeping my eyes open, which is why I’ve decided to indulge myself and try out more mascaras.
The lovely glow on my cheek is courtesy of 3CE Highlighter Beam in pink 😀
I’m pretty surprised with the results, considering Guerlain isn’t famous for its makeup but more for its Orchidee stuff.
- It comes in a super luxe-looking gold case which will make you the envy of your friends, but is a nightmare for any photographer.
- It’s a mostly-angular tube with curved edges so that it fits nicely into your hand but doesn’t go rollin’ down the river (or your dressing table).
- To achieve the above effects, I applied 2-3 coats, and surprisingly, it didn’t clump as much as some other mascaras.
- I had curled the lashes prior to application, but surprisingly, they remained up after the 2-3 coats (it wasn’t weighed down like some other mascaras).
- My lashes remained relatively separated, with visible extension.
- I wouldn’t say there’s a lot of voluminising though – there’s some, but not alot.
- The brush was easy to use and managed to reach most of my lashes. However, as with all other bristle brushes, the tip tends to accumulate some mascara, so wipe it off before applying.
- This is water-resistant but not waterproof, so as long as you’re not crying a river, it should hold up the entire day.
All in all, a pretty decent mascara that doesn’t clump much, uplifts and doesn’t smudge much either. It’s selling on Sephora for $30 (I assume to be US dollars).