Today’s the 3rd last Monday of the year! Yay! But it’s definitely not the last of my BB creams lol. Today, I shall deviate away from my usual Korean/Asian branded BB creams, and take a trip over to France with Guerlain. By the way, did you know that Guerlain in mandarin is pronounced as 法国娇兰 /fa-guo-jiao-lan/? It certainly makes a great ice-breaker hurhurhur.
For those who follow me on Instagram, you’ll notice that I’ve been on a Guerlain frenzy of sorts recently 😀
- This comes in a tall and slim tube with a pump delivery system and a metal cap. I had to draw attention to the metal cap cos it adds some weight to the product and thus makes it stand more stably (vs a lightweight plastic cap). I guess luxury is as luxury does.
- The BB cream smells super duper fragrant – I must say that it smells the best of all the BB creams I’ve ever tried (in terms of scented fragrance).
- The BB cream itself is really smooth and easy to spread, possibly because of its somewhat watery nature. What surprises me is that it has pretty good coverage despite it not being thick. Granted, it took about 3 coats to to cover my dark eye circles, but for my face, it only took 1-2 coats.
- I’m also pretty surprised at its finish – my previous experiences with Western BB creams such as the Origins Smarty Plants CC Cream, Philosophy Be Your Best BB Cream and The Body Shop White Shiso BB Cream didn’t turn out that ideal. However, this one has a really good dewy glow-matte finish and decent coverage to go along with it.
- It brightens up my complexion and gives it a tinge of pinkish rosiness.
- It’s not particularly long-lasting though – I guess it’s cos of its lightweight nature? I give it about 3-4 hours before it started disappearing.
Even though Clarins’ BB cream is pretty decent too, this has to rank at the top as one of the best Western BB creams I’ve tried 😀