Now I’ve more or less given up on trying to get rid of the raccoon eyes, because to be really honest, there’s nothing that can really do that. It all boils down to getting enough sleep and having good circulation internally. In the meantime, I do what I can – I try to improve the texture and quality of the skin around my eye.
As I dug through my trove of To-Try products, I unearthed this product that somehow managed to slip under my beauty junkie radar. Instead of your usual eye creams and eye serums, here’s a sleeping mask / sleeping pack for your eyes. woah.
As the Koreans would say – 신기하네요~ which means something like “so fascinating”.
- The packaging, as with all belif products, isn’t anything fancy or eye-catching. I’m alright with that (unless some brand decides to launch a fluffy animal print-covered bottle with bedazzled portions – that, I would buy without blinking an eye).
- The texture is what sets this apart from other eye products – it’s a gel-cream that probably has those memory-form-gel technology. I’m not a scientist so don’t quote me on this. Essentially, this means you can poke the ballocks outta the product but it will slowly recover some its original shape – but it’s not as bouncy as the Laneige Firming SleepingPack (which freakishly looks like it’s untouched).
- After gouging some outta the tub, I apply it to my skin, and it still retains some of its shape. After some massaging, it breaks down into a more liquid watery form and is then absorbed into my skin.
- The instructions say to apply a thick area and leave it on overnight. I prefer to apply a moderate amount – everything in moderation, except for hot topless men in jeans 😀
- Like most sleeping packs, it can have a slight stick-to-pillow effect.
- It’s really cooling and makes me emit a satisfied “ahhhh” whenever I apply it around my eyes.
- When I’m feeling particularly fatigued during the day, I apply it for a perk-me-up, and then wash it off after 10-15 mins.
- It leaves the area around my eyes feeling distinctly more moisturized, softer and my eyes also feel more energized.
It’s a pretty different and efficient product that’s worth a try. What’s more, its price tag is surprisingly affordable. Get yours todayyyy.