I can’t believe I actually sat on this product for more than a month before using it – this has got to be one of my most favourite items at the moment! Besides the fact that there’s a dropper delivery system (simply cos I’m frivolous and like to put some fun into my skincare regime), the efficacy is really astounding.
I love, love, love, love this product.
- First of all, I love the packaging – it comes all separated and you have to put it together. In a way, it ensures that the serum keeps its product integrity intact.
- There’s a faint herbal scent that’s not overpowering, but subtle enough to give a slight aromatherapy feel.
- The serum itself is slightly thicker in consistency than usual serums – it actually reminds me slightly of oil but it is not oily.
- All I need is 3 drops for my entire face.
- It spreads so smoothly and is relatively quickly absorbed (not superbly quickly). Note that the finish is slightly sticky (I attribute this to the concentration of the serum/essence). You’ll need a few pats to set it in, so be patient.
- Once it sets in, my skin feels firmer with a distinct increase in the skin’s bounciness.
- Since it doesn’t have a matte/velvety finish, I love using this in the mornings, cos it helps my makeup to adhere better to my face, and sort of acts as a primer (although I still steadfastly apply the Sulwhasoo Luminature Essential Finisher as my main primer).
- After just one week of use, I find that my skin’s clarity has increased. It looks brighter and more radiant, and is smoother, softer and yet firmer.
- I apply this twice a day -morning and night- after my Orbis Toner and DRX Comedone Formula. It’s kinda like Sulwhasoo’s First Care Serum and belif’s Numero 10 Essence (which come before the rest of your skincare), so I alternate between the two.
I did get a slight shock of horror when I first saw the price tag of $85, but I guess it’s justified – it really works well. These days, I can see a nice glow in my sans-makeup face, to the extent that I don’t even feel that self-conscious when making video calls with my Korean oppa 오빠 friends 😀