And here is one instance where longer isn’t better – the name of the product. Vichy Normaderm Tri-Active Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care is just too much of a mouthful and too much to remember, even for a beauty junkie like me. When my friends ask me what I use, I just start gesticulating vaguely and mouth of something like “that Vichy thingamajig that helps to unclog your pores”.
This was packed nicely alongside the Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot (which I swear by now, for the shrinking and drying of pimples).
- It’s a very lightweight and fragrant, and is easily absorbed.
- I apply this on problem areas such as the chin, where things go bump in the night and day, and the cheeks where I expect those carnival moles to pop out of my enlarged pores.
- It leaves a matte feeling after application (I suspect that it’s because of the silica ingredients). After washing my face, the matte feeling is gone. Such a transient relationship we had there. Sigh.
- I like that after application, it also calms my skin down. I tend to apply it after yet another failed attempt to extract the blackheads and whiteheads from my skin heh. I know, I shouldn’t do it. Cardinal sin of beauty committed.
- After several weeks of usage, I see a slight, slight difference in the pore size. I wouldn’t say that my skin is softer nor smoother, but I can feel the increased moisture levels at the targeted area.
To me, this is more of a skin calmer than anything else. On days when my skin is itchy, rashy or irritated, I apply it and my skin cools If you’ve got really clogged pores, you can try it out – I think it should help to purge the dirt from your skin somewhat, but you can expect a slight breakout (which is the norm of such products). After all, out with the old and in with the new (skin)!