Even though I may go on crazy shopping sprees in Korea, I find that I usually don’t buy a lot from Missha. I think this can be strongly attributed to the sales staff – I’m not really won over by their attitudes that’s kinda like “Oh I’m not gonna care about you unless you’re a big spender from China”. So saddened. But then again, not all the staff are that bad, so from time to time, I’ll encounter a nice staff who will be able to entice me to buy something from Missha.
I really wasn’t going to buy this, until I tried it and I was like “woah..”
- First of all, at KRW16,800 (SGD19.95), it has to be one of the more affordable pore refining serums around.
- It comes in a nice frosted pale turquoise bottle with a plastic pump delivery system. I know it’s really frivolous, but I do think that the packaging is so purdeeee.
- The serum itself is a gel-like emulsion that is really quickly absorbed into your skin, leaving a velvet smooth feel.
- Post-absorption, it feels super lightweight, as though I didn’t even apply anything to my skin.
- It has such a wonderful fragrance as well.
- I do think that this is more of an aesthetic product than a long-term product though – you see immediate results within 5-10 mins of application, but it doesn’t remain for long. Once you wash your face, it’s back to large sebum-producing pore.
- That said, after about 2 weeks of application, I’m finding that the pores are veryyyy slightly minimised.
- In fact, I guess this could work as a makeup primer, since it evens out the skin’s surface and covers up pores.
Overall, I wouldn’t call this a miracle cure for reducing pores, but it does have about 5-10% efficacy. Plus, it also does double duty as a makeup primer, so hey, you could try it just for funsies.