I’ve always liked Vichy products for a wide variety of reasons. The packaging is pretty enough to attract my attention, and yet serious-looking enough to appear effective. Plus, when you actually tried the products, they actually worked.
I also loved the fact that it drove my colleagues crazy back during my CLEO days whenever they had to write Vichy advertorials – because of its research and technology, there was always so so much to write about that squeezing it into the allocated space limit was near to impossibru. Of course, I had the favour returned in full (and in double surround chortle-and-cackle sound) when it was my turn for advertorials. lol. Seems like I’m not the only one with a love for cheap thrills 😀
After 2 failed delivery attempts, I finally managed to catch the courier guy, and boy, it couldn’t have come at a better time. (Damn you, time of the month and the accompanying 10 million pimples and bloatedness).
- The delivery system is relatively unique – a metal-tipped slanted applicator through which the product comes out from.
- I’d classify this as somewhat hygienic – yes I don’t have to dip my fingers into any tub or use them to apply to my face, but I’m a little concerned about the icky stuff on my face going down into the hole and tainting the product in the tube.
- What I do to rectify this problem is to make sure I squeeze out enough product onto the tip, and then let go of the tube (so that the pullback /suction of product back into the tube) is completed. Don’t ever squeeze and apply at the same time – you’ll be sucking the grossness from your face into the tube eek.
- The metal-tip applicator is ridiculously cooling (especially since I store it in my airconditioned room) and makes me go “ahhhhh” with a lil tingle going down my spine. It’s that shiok.
- It also soothes the throbbing sensation (you know, when the volcano of a pimple is killing you) with its icy coolness (which can be further enhanced if you store it in an air-conditioned place).
- After trying so many pimple creams, I hereby classify this as a “ripener” – one that hastens the processes of purging the pus and pimple head. There are some that are the “shrinkers” – when they make the pimple recede without actually ripening and bursting.
- That said, I have applied this on some blemishes before and they didn’t ripen, but they did recede into nothing.
- Although yes, I know that I shouldn’t squeeze my pimple, but at times when the temptation is too much to bear, I apply this to soothe it and also to hasten up the ripening process.
- I count about 2-3 days to totally rid my skin of any pimple using this product.
Overall, a product that I foresee myself buying a second tube of, and my interest in the rest of the products in this Normaderm range is piqued. Stay strong, my money! Don’t run away towards the light of Vichyyyyy~~ (yeah I know, I’m a drama queen lol).