When most normal ladies attend a makeover session / makeup workshop, they secretly hope to be called up to be the model (yes? no? or is that just my own thinking?) but I secretly dread being called up to be the model – because of my horribly dried and chapped lips caused by all the medication I’m taking.
After all, which sane beauty junkie will turn down the chance to have the expert to work his mageek on you? Even though I’ve attended countless and numerous makeup demos and have so many makeup artists as friends, I’ve only been able to absorb all the makeup techniques theoretically. In practice, it never ever comes out the way I want. sigh.
Rest assured that my lips won’t give my beauty obsession a nip – I’m still on the neverending search for a perfect (every) product. I can be very sure that any lip product that works on me is a product worth buying. Today, I present to you a worthy contender from Too Cool For School (which has recently opened in Singapore).
I must be a late bloomer when it comes to Too Cool For School products – once again, I’m quite happy with this product (like I was with the After School Lunchbox BB Foundation).
- First and foremost – the packaging. I know many people are gaga over the cutesy quirky sketches (but honestly to me it’s just a so-so; the product itself matters more to me). However, what I really like is its twist-knob bottom (at the black portion). This means no sharpening YAY!
- It glides on uber smoothly, and doesn’t feel heavy. It’s like any other lip balm.
- It is a chubby pencil indeed, so you can get a nice firm grip on the pencil.
- There’s a very very faint scent of something – I can’t quite tell what it is cos my nose is clogged up, but I’m suspecting a hint of strawberry or grape.
- It turns a nice pink tint and helps to moisturise the dry and chapped flakes on my lips.
- It stays on for about 2-4 hours, after which the moisturising effect disappears but the rosiness remains, kinda like my Vidi Vici Creamy Touch Lipstick.
Overall, a pretty decent lip-stain pencil that doubles up as a lip balm for me 😀