I like brands that are active in engaging social media – I mean, we live in an era where information is so readily and freely available at the click of a mouse. Brands which do blogger engagement show that they’re moving with the times (plus, it also keeps the magazine people on their toes – time to get off your high horses if you want to remain relevant tsk tsk).
One of the brands that actively deal in social media is Maybelline, for which I try to show as much love as possible since their products are pretty awesome.
Maybelline Super Mineral 24 Foundation
Using shade OC2 – not quite my shade (with a yellow tinge) but close enough. Maybelline sent me a OC2 but it’s slightly darker than what my skin is, so don’t let that affect your judgement when viewing my photos.
Putting aside my obvious bias for Korean products, this isn’t too bad at all. I’d totally take this over the Origins Smarty Plants CC cream any day.
- The packaging itself is pretty simple – a glass bottle with a pump delivery system. The base is also wider than the top so it has more stability and doesn’t topple over that easily.
- The foundation itself is liquid enough and spreads easily.
- It gives a nice matte and velvety finish.
- Perhaps it’s because of the mineral ingredients, but it feels really light, and even though I had to pile on 2-3 layers under my eyes to conceal the dark eye circles, it didn’t feel thick and didn’t cake up either.
- For the very same reason (the lightweight consistency), it was pretty easily removed even when I blew my nose with a tissue.
- It’s not particularly long-wearing (24 hours? nah.), but it did manage to hold up for a decent 5-6 hours before touch-up was required. Let’s be realistic – if you do come across any makeup that really stays on for 24 hours, you should be worried. It could very well be liquified duct tape for all you know lol. Plus, think about the effect needed to remove it. Eeks.
- The coverage level was decent – I could still see some of my blemishes and pores under the foundation, but it wasn’t to the point where I’d feel horrible leaving the house.
- That said, I prolly wouldn’t use this for a night out or if HD-camera photographers will be present. I’d opt for the Hera HD fix foundation (for a dewy finish with high coverage) or the Too Cool For School Lunch box BB foundation (for a matte finish with high coverage).
- Instead, I’d totally use this for days when I want my skin to feel less clogged up, or if I know I won’t be going out for long, you know, days when I feel like being an airy fairy.
Overall, a pretty decent foundation for makeup noobs or for those looking for a lightweight foundation with a natural finish. Just make sure you get the correct shade yeah? 🙂