The theme of the day shall be: HOLES. Cos my weekend disappeared into a blackhole, that’s why. Also, I firmly believe that there are some holes on a lady that should not be seen by the public – I’m talking about facial pores, you dirtyyyy minded person. This is even more so after my awesome facial last week at DRx (thank you! :D). Now that my face is rid of 3 years’ worth of dirt and grime, I’m now scrutinising my face even more carefully than the ERP gantries watch for motorists who try to sneak under without a cashcard.
Prior to my facial, I was on a neverending quest to try to smoothen my skin as best as possible. Besides skincare, makeup can also help, so it was with much trepidation that I opened up this tube (can I call it hope in a tube?) several weeks back.
Voila, extra service for you! I layered the Sulwhasoo Evenfair Smoothing Foundation over it so that you can see the difference.
I first encountered this when I was in Korea, shopping at Olive Young (which I found that actually means All-Live-Young. Ermm. no comments). Olive Young is kinda like a Watsons, but sells a lot of foreign brands such as Burt’s Bees, Maybelline, NYX etc. This was actually rated as one of the best-sellers in the store.
- It’s a clear gel that isn’t stick and doesn’t have much scent.
- It spreads easily and leaves a velvety (because of the silicon) feel, kinda like a baby’s bottom. I never understood the comparison though – would you like your BFF to call you BBF (baby’s butt face)? haha 😀
- It’s also invisible after application.
- Anyhoos, there’s obviously a visible difference – there is a lack of fine lines on the right side of my hand.
- It did help in slight sebum control – about 1-2 hours more holding time before the oil glands kicked in.
- It also helped makeup to glide on more easily.
- In terms of holding makeup, there was a slight difference of about 1-2 hours as well – I guess nothing really can help battle Singapore’s humidity.
I guess it’s really a personal preference thing – I’m used to having a dewy finish, so I’d rather go without this. However, for those who prefer a nice matte finish or a smooth velvety finish, this is the one for you.