Pop is the word of the day – Pop goes my weekend. Pop comes my eyebags. Pop, or rather, poop goes my weekend binging. And so, in grand commemoration of my Perfectly Pop-tastic mood, I shall review the Maybelline Hyperglossy Liquid Liner Pop.
I have 3 colours on hand, but it comes in a total of 5 colours.
From top to bottom : Tangerine Orange, Navy Blue and Hot Pink
- The packaging in itself is simple – a twist-open cap that is also attached to the brush applicator.
- It’s a really thin brush applicator that gives you super fine lines – I tried measuring it and it’s about 1mm in width, at max and including the density of the liquid liner itself.
- I found myself having to apply several coats – not because of the lack of colour intensity – but rather, because I like it thick. My eyelines, I mean.
- If you apply just one coat, I find that it’s perfect for lining the undereye area.
- It dries pretty quickly, despite me layering it on. Good, I say. Just remember not to leave the cap open, or you know, pop goes your eyeliner.
- It also remains pretty budgeproof on my oil lids, and smudged just ever so slightly on the outer corners. It’s also pretty rub-proof.
- During removal, it comes off in flakes. Not that this affects its performance in anyway, but just thought I’d let you know. To me, it minimises the panda / racoon look if you don’t remove it properly.
- The colour itself is intense enough, and I like that despite layering it on, there’s not much caking.
- Although the metallic sheen is pretty obvious when swatched on my hands, I found it to be more subtle when applied onto my eyes. Not that I’m much fussed about it – it’s still a pretty intense colour.
Overall, a decent eyeliner that performs well. For those who have bigger balls than me, go ahead and try the brighter colours – I’m pretty sure they’ll turn out to be just as good.