Although I’ve recently started experimenting with SK-II products, I still retain my never-dying love for Sulwhasoo. Here’s one of their newer products which I fell in love with at first sight (on their website). When I reached the counter in Lotte and tested it out slightly , I was totally sold. Yes yes, sucker much, I know.
Can you still blame me for wanting to buy this (even though the first time I saw it, I didn’t know what the hell it was used for. heh). It’s really so pretty!
Read more about the product from their official website here.
First and foremost, I have to stress that there’s not much visible effects -i.e. you won’t suddenly morph into Suzy after applying this. It’s actually more of a consumer experience – continue reading to find out what sort of Sulwhasoo-crazed mumbo jumbo I’m spewing.
- The bottle is ridiculously pretty – a pearl sheen with smooth finish and a textured cap. The bottle is also pretty heavy (which I suppose is because of the density of the cream inside), so be careful not to drop it.
- The pump delivery system dispenses just enough for the entire face with just one pump., so yay for no product wastage, or having to estimate what’s a 75% pump.
- I apply it as the last step of my skincare in the morning (ie IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning, Belif Numero 10 and then this – I don’t like to leave my house with too many things on my face)
- Once applied, it’s spread easily even though it’s more creamy than watery.
- It smells nice – a good balance of herbal and fragrance.
- It’s also absorbed pretty fast. It kinda feels like a daytime leave-on sleeping mask – In fact, it kinda feels like there’s a loving film of skincare wrapped around my skin. It’s not sticky or greasy though’ in fact, my skin actually feels firmer.
- My skin also looked slightly more radiant, but it’s just a 10% increase in radiance (kinda like how your face looks after applying a sheet mask). It doesn’t up your skintone significantly like the Hera Age Away Primer Base either.
- It leaves a nice subtle dewy glow, but it’s not the obvious types for example the Burberry Fresh Glow).
- Now comes the awesome part: It actually helps my makeup stay on longer the entire day! -mindblown-
- It also extended the lifespan of my makeup – instead of it oxidising / melting off after 4-5 hours, my makeup now lasts till at least 7-8 hours, and this includes the time I’m trudging out under the hot sun to get my lunch.
- Somehow, it felt as though the Luminature Essential Finisher was acting like a makeup magnet, keeping it close to my skin at all times.
- I did try going off this product (zomg now I sound like an addict), but my skin suffered cold turkey and went into withdrawal – there goes my makeup like -that-.
- Because it’s a skincare product, my skin also feels less dry and tight during the hours that I’m sitting in the super-cold, super-dry airconditioned office.
Now you see what I mean by an experience? There’s nothing else I can say except – tis time to go out and get yourself a jolly damn good experience nao nao nao!