It’s been a couple of months since I reviewed a blusher, and since I’m in desperate need of some colour and life in my face after a very harrowing toilet reno experience, I dug around in my To-Review stash and came up with this. I’d received this during the official launch of VDL in in Singapore, and I guess it’s also about time to tell the world how awesome it is. I mean, I can’t continue being selfish forever hurhurhur.
It’s been a while since I’ve applied powder blush on my cheeks (I’m usually on the Esprique Melty Stick).
- One of the most essential plus points – it comes with a nice, smooth, non-pokey brush applicator. If you’re using it (especially if you’re bringing it out and about for touch-ups or on a holiday), It tends to retain some of the pink blusher grains, so be sure to wipe it clean before picking up the highlighter portion – or you’ll end up with pink-highlighter nose bridge hurhurhur.
- The powder grains are fine – since it’s been gouged out, you can see some of the grains on the container, and they are fine baybeh.
- I applied Hand Holding cos I like pink wind-bitten cheeks. The colour’s quite vibrant, so be careful not to pick up too much colour, or dust it off before applying to your cheeks. Pikachu alert, I say.
- However, that said, it’s also easy to blend in.
- It doesn’t quite clog up the pores either, so me likey.
- What me really likey is the highlighter portion – it’s perfecto for highlighter any part of your face, be it the nose bridge, cheek apples, chin, or forehead / C-zone. Check out how Clarence Lee highlighted Sofia Wakabayashi’s cheeks here.
- The highlighters also come in differing shades that complement the blusher, so you don’t have jarringly contrasting colours on your face. Imagine a coral blusher with pink-tinged highlighter – you’ll look like Finding Nemo, or rather, Nemo who found an anemone girlfriend and is blushing like there’s no tomorrow.
- The colours also last relatively long. To be honest, they last about as long as your foundation / BB / CC lasts, since it sits on top of it. Today I’m using the Sulwhasoo Evenfair Smoothing Foundation, so it’s been 6 hours and going strong.
Overall, a really useful and pretty blusher / highlighter – I’m not sure of the price but I’m sure it’s quite affordable. What’s more, check out VDL’s website where you can pick your colour tone and see if it matches the blusher colour. Woah. Talk about good service 😀