Fine, so it’s been firmly established that I’m a first care serum fanatic – I’ve suddenly realised that I’ve amassed quite an army of scrubs and peels – sitting on my newly-renovated sink is the Dermalogica Daily Microexfoliant, Sulwhasoo White Ginseng Brightening Mask (which is actually a gentle exfoliating scrub), Amore Pacific Live Enzyme Scrub (review coming soonnnnn), and also this from IOPE. If you’ve been following my blog, you’d have known by now that I’ve got pretty thick skin (along with an unbelievably high level of self-promotion genes hurhurhur), so I guess that justifies the number?
I took quite some time to finish my previous peeling gel, which was the Beauty Buffet Milk Plus Skin Refining & Whitening Scrub, which I actually took 5 months to finish. -gasp- I guess the consumer experience of that product wasn’t that awesome (aka not shiok to use lah). Now this one’s a different matter.
- It smells awesomeeeee – kinda like a really nice perfume with citrusy notes
- The gel is quite moist – you can feel its weight in terms of water molecules.
- However, it’s not clumpy or clunky – it spreads out much more easily than the Beauty Buffet one,
- When you first apply it, it already feels like there are some non-abrasive exfoliating bits in there.
- The more you gently rub, the more the dirt balls accumulate – and it’s at this point I feel like 济公 Ji Gong – how can a seemingly clean surface produce so much dirt?! I am a dirtyyyyy gurl damnit.
- It doesn’t take much effort to produce the dirt balls too – just a couple of minutes is enough.
- After that, simply rinse off to reveal clearer, fairer and softer skin. Yay!
- It’s obviously not a permanent effect though – dirt and dead skin cells will still accumulate, so yes, prease continue using it.
Overall, a good competitor for the position of Favourite Peeling Gel in my house (vs the Face Shop Smart Peeling White Jewel).