Now I’ve always been more of a noodle than rice person – I guess I like it longer hurhurhur. But that aside, I really do enjoy noodles, be it Japanese ramen, Korean ramyeon or Chinese lamian.
I attended this food event a couple of weeks back at Bugis+ (the former Iluma). The Ultimate Ramen Champion Singapore is about who will sell the most number of ramen bowls from 1 August 2013 to 31 July 2014. There are a total of 9 contenders (3 at Changi Airport Terminal 3, and the remaining 6 at Bugis+ Ramen Champion outlet). Last year’s champion was Ikkousha with 118,500 bowls.
I had to use this provided shot cos this nearly didn’t arrive – our little corner table must have been overlooked in the hustle and bustle.
Note: This is a revised rendition since the misunderstanding over the angsty girl at the reception has been resolved.
Can’t decide what to eat? Maybe you can do what I do – go the frivolous way and pick based on how the chef looks muahahaha.
Winners will be decided via sales takings and votes via Facebook and onsite voting.
What’s more, these fellas won’t be the only winners – from now till 31 August 2014, you could win for yourself an Asus Fonepad!
- How you can win the Asus Fonepad:
- Like both the ASUS and Ramen Champion Singapore’s Facebook pages.
- Snap creative / fun / awesome photos of any of the above 9 ramen, their stores, the interior (you can even pose with it!)
- Upload the photos onto Ramen Champion’s Facebook page.
- Cross your fingers and hope that your creative juices overwhelmed the judges .
It’s time to eat away! nom nom nom.