When I go on my shopping trips (or rampages, if you insist) in Korea, I do, on the contrary, consider carefully what I wanna buy before actually paying for them. Yes yes, I know, it seems like I have a bottomless pit of money considering the fact that most of the products featured on this product are paid for by my own moneh.
But the fact is that since I have so much makeup and skincare items at home, the possibility of me picking up something similar is quite high. Plus, I really don’t have a bottomless pit of moneh.
Anyways, here’s one of the buys that I splurged on. It’s definitely not the cheapest glitter pencil around, but after I swatched it on my hand, I was a lost cause of resistance.
Espoir Jewel Sparkle Eye Pencil – KRW17,000 – quite pricey. no, make it very pricey, compared with Holika Holika Jewel-light Eyeliner.
I wish I had some nice photos of myself wearing the product to show, but I’ve been so bogged down with the sinking sink (hurhurhur) of my house and the sourcing / renovation / dealing with an anti-change mother who refuses to accept a rubber hose 1inch longer than the old one that my eye bags are larger than ever, and my dark eye circles are darker than ever. So, in order to do justice to the product, I’ve decided not to show my face. heh.
- This differs from my usual pink-toned glitter pencils.
- This one gives a more subtle effect – yes I must admit that it’s less sparkly than the Holika Holika Jewel-light eyeliner, so I use this for days when I don’t feel like a vampire bird calling for a mate.
- It glides on smoothly, and no, the shimmers do not feel rough against my skin.
- I also like the fact that it doesn’t cake much despite multiple layers.
- It also lasts relatively long – about 4-6 hours with 2 coats.
- Woah I have great foresight – it was even featured in Get It Beauty, one of Korea’s top beauty shows, not once but twice.
In general, this is a pretty decent pencil if you’re looking to buy a glitter lashline pencil – just one. If you’re like me with an insatiable need and greed for all makeup items in the world, well, this might be a little expensive in your quest to conquer the makeup world. heh.