Since I’m a roll with my lash products, here’s one more mascara review since it’s da weekendddddd. I received this at the Lancome X Alber Elbaz show at Sephora a couple of months back.
Ok, I swear I didn’t suddenly down 10 shots of vodka before taking the photo on the right – I changed the room light cos I didn’t want to look so green-grey. Well, now I look overwhelmingly red. and drunk. but well, let’s not digress – le focus should be on le lashes.
First of all, who’s not gonna love the packaging? It’s insanely adorable!
- It comes in the same curved body tube as the original Doll Eyes Mascara.
- The applicator brush is the same too – I find that this brush works really well if you’re ambidextrous. Assuming you hold it in your right hand and apply onto your right eye, yes, the far ends of your lashes will be extended prettily.
- However, if you hold it in the same right hand, and try to apply on your left eye, you’ll find that the innermost eyelashes are extended a lot. I switched over to my left hand for my left eye.
- That’s not to say that the mascara doesn’t work – yes it does extend and volumnise (more than the Kate Lash Extension mascara).
- Can’t say much bout the curling effect though… once again, I blame my poker-straight lashes.
- It can get vaguely clumpy with 2-3 coats, but no flaking was involved.
- It doesn’t smudge nor budge throughout the day, and can be removed easily with my Heroine Mascara remover (but then again, it removes everything easily hurhurhur).
Overall, I guess it’s strong for its volume and decent extension, but I do wish it came with a more defined curling effect.