Over the weekend, I attempted to clear my luggage of the stuff that I’d bought. It’s not as though I bought thattt many things from Korea – well, ok, I did buy quite an amount of stuff, but it wasn’t up to my usual standards heh. The problem was that my room was already chock-full of products from my last 10 million trips there. In clearing my stuff. The portion that I found the most difficulty in making space was: a) the skincare portion and b) the BB/CC cream/Foundation portion. If you’ve been following my instagram, you’ll have seen my haul this time round. For those who haven’t… well, behold.
Surprisingly, one that I took to the most wasn’t a CC cream, but a BB cream instead. After having tried out so many CC creams, I’ve found their coverage lacking. My panda eyes require a shitload of help, so here’s one that sort of gave a push to the path that leads to light and radiance.
I’m actually glad I bought this BB cream – I was -this- close to not buying it cos my mom was badgering with the China Chinese employee. They’re everywhere I tell you. It was as though I’d taken a trip to China instead of to Korea. Tsk. At the last minute, I decided to just grab this and pay for it.
- The cream is smooth and not overly-rich, and is easily to apply without pulling on the skin.
- It’s got a nice fragrant scent to it – not particularly botanical but more cosmetic.
- It blends very, very easily into the skin.
- It gives a slightly more matte finish than glowy – I’d say 65% matte: 35% glow. It still gives a nice radiant finish though.
- It’s relatively lightweight, and yet still gives a decent coverage.
- It did take 3 coats + 1 dusting of loose powder to cover my dark eye circles though.
- Since it’s so lightweight, the coverage doesn’t last that long though – a decent amount of time (about 4 hours) before you have to touch up.
- It doesn’t cake much – it just quietly fades away, so there’s no gross oxidised residue on your face.
- Considering the fact that it’s called a Pore BB Cream, it doesn’t cover that much pores, but I guess you can’t ask for the world at KRW8,800.
Overall, a good find and a decent BB cream for its lightweight texture and decent coverage. Oh, did I mention the tiny price tag of just KR8,800? (Yes I’m clearly very amazed with the price) But then again, it’s quite a small bottle compared with the rest of the BB creams I’ve tried (it’s only 30ml, so go compare with the rest of your skincare products to get a gauge) I guess this will serve me very well, considering my Dory-attention span for BB creams, CC creams and foundations.