When I attended the launch of VDL in Singapore, they generously gave us some goodies to try at home, and being the eyeliner fanatic that I am, I zoomed in on the eyeliner first.
This is a pretty decent eyeliner.
- First of all, the packaging is as per usual – click-top cap with a sponge-tipped applicator.
- The tip is soft enough on the hands. However, on my eyelids, I find that if I press it too hard, it’ll feel a little coarse against my eyelids. Soooo take it easy ladies.
- Thankfully, the black is rich and intense enough – even one stroke is enough to manifest a nice deep black line.
- The edge is sharp enough to draw a precise line and wing tip too.
- Unfortunately, this isn’t waterproof. Sometime during the day, I didn’t know if it was my tears (from yawning too much) or my oillids that resulted in the slight smudging.
- It doesn’t run dramatically at the first droplet of water though – I did have to put it under running water and rub slightly with my fingers to remove the eyeliner.
- Also, for me, I find that it tends to smudge more if I apply it on the lower lid (vs the upper lid). Not sure if it’s cos my eyebags are too huge…
All in all, a decent eyeliner if you’re not planning to go Singin’ In the Rain any time soon.