Day 2 of being back in Singapore, and I’m still in recovery mode (although somehow, I miraculously manage to survive being at work heh). After some relatively intensive shopping (along with a lot of sweating cos of the icky summer weather), my dark eye circles are now similar to a cosmic black hole on my face, sucking in any radiance. Time to pile on the eye creams (and of course, 24 hours of continuous sleep).
The priciest range in Sulwhasoo’s stable of products. So far, I’ve only managed to afford the Extra Refining Emulsion.
Now I know I usually spend money in Korea like there’s no tomorrow, but if you notice, I’ve never spent on extravagant items. This is my very first extravagant item – at KRW260,000, it’s a SGD294 eye cream. Holy motherofexpensiveshite.
- As a plus point, it comes with a posh packaging – fancy magnetic closure box with spatula packed in a separate sachet.
- The scent is herbal, as per Sulwhasoo products – relatively aromatherapeutic and non-overwhelming.
- The texture is ridiculously, awesomely smooth. It isn’t your usual cream – it’s kinda like very finely ground paste (perhaps fine ginseng powder or something similar). You can actually feel how fine the texture is. Like WOAH.
- I also like that even though the cream is substantial (it isn’t too watery) and yet still is super easily and quickly absorbed into the skin.
- I initially thought that since it’s the most expensive range – and perhaps therefore the richest range – it would be totally unsuitable for my skin and result in break-outs or millia seeds, but so far, hey, it’s been smooth sailing!
- The area around my eye is also looking slightlyyyy improved – lesser fine lines and not as dry and wrinkly.
- Best of all, I like how it doesn’t have that greasy oily or a layer of film around the eyes. After application, I can apply makeup to that area and it won’t slide off.
- You only need a very, very minimal amount for both eyes – I think I use about a 0.5cm blob of cream for both eyes. I guess this is good, since it’ll make my SGD300 go a long, long, loooong way. Heh.
In terms of eye creams, this is one of the best that I’ve used – I guess the almost-SGD300 price tag is worth it. If you’re in a mood to invest or are looking to replace that just-finished eye cream (and you’ve got relatively deep pockets), get this one.