I was rummaging in my cupboard for some stuff when I unearthed this – I nearly forgot I’d bought it! Now with my obsession with Sulwhasoo, you’d think it’s impossibru for me to neglect this little beauty right? Tsk. My memory is going, going, gone, down the same dark shady road that my money has taken.
These two photos show just a swab of the Foundation on my jawline – can you see it? It’s reallllly faint. The random blemishes are caused by the Laneige Original Essence (which I’m so glad have faded by at least 75%)
It took about 30 seconds for me to decide that I wanted this product – that’s how much of a Sulwhasoo sucker I am. But in all honesty, this is a pretty decent product.
- It comes in a pretty and luxe packaging – gold gilded smooth edges with a pearl-sheen casing.
- It has that unique netting to prevent the puff from picking up too much foundation – on the other hand, I end up having to dab the sponge several more times to get more product.
- The coverage is sheer and natural – those looking for heavy coverage, this is not for you.
- In fact, I think the only reason why I delayed the review to today is because I was waiting for my skin to clear up. It’s the kind of foundation that needs relatively clear skin as a base.
- However, it is really buildable – you can re-apply throughout the day and it will not cake (except around the corners of the nose where I’m assuming I have Dubai-equivalent oil reserves).
- It feels super lightweight (I guess since the coverage is sheer), so it’s a barely-there feeling.
- It doesn’t really cover the dark eye circles that well, and if you’ve got any pimples or blemishes that are rising proudly above your skin surface, skip this one.
- In addition, it smells really unique – kinda herbal and not your typical fragrant type of scents.
- The glow is quite slight – it’s perhaps 80% matte and 20% glow.
- I guess I could dab on some of the Evenfair Smoothing Powder Foundation (oops, haven’t done a review on that), but I’m not a fan of layering… it always ends up caking cos my face is so oily arghhhh.
- For more coverage and glow, try the Evenfair Smoothing Foundation.
- For more glow, add on a base such as the Evenfair Smoothing Makeup Base before applying this.
All in all, this is a pretty unique product – it’s actually like a moist version of your usual powder foundations, and you can use this to touch up on the go without it caking or making your skin peel / look dry. At KRW60,000 , it’s not the cheapest, especially since it doesn’t come with an extra refill (well, it comes with an extra puff). For more information, check out the Sulwhasoo website here.