I’ve fallen into dire straits again… It’s the time of the month when every damn thing runs out, ie money, shampoo, conditioner and every other essential thing I need to remain ridiculously gorgeous. sigh. Even my usual makeup remover sheets have run out – I’m usually on the Biore Cleansing Oil Cotton Sheets. Thankfully, I’ve got a stash of products to fall back on, and after rummaging in my treasure chest (it is literally a chest, but a basket woven one hah), I’ve managed to unearth this.
Personally, I like DHC as a brand. It’s understated, but has good quality products. Unfortunately, this product isn’t one of those that I’d buy again.
- Yes, the sheets are ridiculously large, and is sufficiently moist enough to remove the makeup on my face (assuming a double-sided usage, not including mascara removal – I use the Heroine Make Mascara remover for that ).
- Yes they smell oh so fresh – kinda like aloe-cucumber.
- Yes it also removes makeup relatively efficiently.
- Yes it leaves my skin quite soft and smooth.
- However, the texture is what really lets it down. I’m usually the first to admit that I’ve got thick skin (both figuratively and literally), but this one is like a cleanser/exfoliator sheet.
- I know that I’ve got to press and hold the sheet (to dissolve the makeup first) and then wipe it, but dayum. it. is. rough. Not to the extent of sandpaper, but definitely coarser and rougher than the Biore Cleansing Oil wipes.
- I can feeeeeeel my skin being exfoliated/scrubbed everytime I wipe this sheet over my skin. And that isn’t a good feeling.
- The contrast is even greater cos I follow up with my Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam. Now it usually feels like a really smooth cleanser, but if I use it after the DHC wipes, it’s kinda like a salve on slightly over-scrubbed skin.
- I ended up using this for a week and then I gave it to my mom. Even she says that it feels coarse, but she doesn’t mind bringing it along for her travels.
If you don’t mind a slightly coarser-than-usual texture, you can try this out. Meanwhile, I’m gonna dig out the gold coins from my piggy bank to go re-purchase my Biore Cleansing Oil Wipes. heh.