Long, long ago, before I discovered that a mascara could really curl (without the use of an eyelash curler), I used my trusty old curler from Guardian pharmacy. It had no brand but it totally whooped other branded curlers’ ass (ie shu uemura). But ever since I discovered the Heroine make mascara that curls and lengthens, my curler has been put into semi-retirement.
Today, I take it out for permanent retirement – cos I’ve found a new curler.
I have been searching for a replacement curler for some time now, but I’ve never been able to find a suitable one. This one from The Face Shop is surprisingly good.
- It works on a spring system, so you can gently but firmly press on the curler to get the effect you want.
- Its matte finishing also gives a better grip than those with glossy polished finishings – sweaty palms, I haz.
- The part where you insert your fingers is also thicker than the typical eyelash curler, so you get a firmer grip.
- What’s more, there’s also that “resting balcony” for your forth finger.
- It gives a dolly lash finish – hard for me to photograph it, but trust me, it gives a nicely curled finish.
- Whether you’re only clipping from the bottom of the lash, or doing a gradually press-and-move-further-up-the-lash, it gives different types of curls.
- Being a typically superficial female, I also like that it comes in a funky combi of colours – black and hot pink can never go wrong.
It’s a pretty decent curler for both the experienced and the starters, so why not try it out? I like it even better than the Shu Uemura one that’s been so raved about.