On Sunday nights, I’ll hop into bed at around 10pm, all pampered with masks and creams and what-nots and feeling like Cleopatra). In commemoration of me feeling like Cleopatra, here’s a review on me trying to be Cliopatra (hurhurhur).
Ok I know that Lee Hyori is (or rather, was) the face of CLIO – it’s now Sandara from 2NE1 which I totally can’t identify with…shouldn’t CL be a much better fit?. Anyhoos, as I was saying, Hyori’s supposed to be the face of the brand, but doesn’t this model totally look like Yoon EunHye?
CLIO Gelpresso Waterproof Pencil Gel Liner in Golden Black No. 7 – it’s a twist mechanism with an attached sharpener at the bottom, so don’t be a cockster and sharpen it (like I did with my silver one. argh. I’m too embarrassed to blog about the silver version)
This picture is such a visual illusion… isn’t it like seeing a giant round white planet up close and then pulling out further? HAHAHA. If you’re interested, I used the Hera HD Fix Foundation, Hera HD Powder to set, Esprique Melty Cheek Stick as a blusher, CLIO Art Blusher as a cheek highlighter and Etude House Highlighter for the nose. Not sure if you can see it, but I’m also using the Prismacolour Ebony Pencil for my brows.
This is a total score. I’ve never had much luck with gel eyeliners – as much as I love the black intensity, they just don’t stay on for long cos of my oillids. I only bought this to try… and I’m so glad I did!
- The packaging is decent – a matte finish twist pencil with an attached sharpener at the end (again, do not sharpen it with a sharpener omg I still can’t believe I sharpened my silver version – kicks self now- once I get over the mortification, I’ll show you guys a picture)
- There’s enough weight so that it doesn’t feel like you’re holding a straw.
- It goes on smoothly without tugging at your eyelids, and I love it! I usually start my mornings with a make-out session with my mirror – I’m so shortsighted and I seldom wear contact lenses to work, so I take off the glasses and apply my makeup from a distance of about 3-5cm away from the mirror. Hence, my eyeliner application method is usually more of a dab-dab-fill-in-the-gaps rather than drawing a straight line. This goes on with no problem at all.
- There are pretty iridescent gold sparkles – a refreshing change from the usual silver / pearly ones.
- Most importantly – the smudge level is low – note: I’m not saying it doesn’t smudge; I’m just saying that it smudges significantly less than the rest of my gel liners, which usually do a disappearing act within 2-3 hours, and my eye line becomes an eye slime. BUT this one actually lasted from 5am~2pm. Woah. There was some smudging (about 20-25% gone) and the colour intensity faded slightly, but there was still a discernible line. Happiness!
- With that said, note that I only applied 1-2 coats and dabbed it veryyyyy slightly with a tissue upon first application.
- Note: It does smudge when I apply it on my lower lashline.
I’m actually pretty excited that I’ve finally found a gel liner that has minimal smudging – Ga in smokey eyes and Hyuna slutty eyes, here I come!