I seldom abandon a cleanser unless it really sucks, or if it makes my skin turn to shit. Unfortunately, the Astalift Moisture Foam that I started using on Chinese New Year actually gave me a month’s worth of pimples. I kid you not.
The pimples wouldn’t stop growing, especially on my chin. After some very serious analysis, I came to the conclusion that it was the cleanser, and tried my luck by switching over to this Sulwhasoo Snowise EX Cleansing Foam. Voila! The pimples just stopped multiplying like foreign talent in Singapore.
I was so excited when I first heard about this cleansing foam during the Sulwhasoo Snowise EX launch last year at St Regis hotel – it’s the first ever cleansing foam from Sulwhasoo (beside their cleansing oil and another cleansing gel/liquid which I bought and never used hah).
Spreading it out – it’s smooth and creamy and doesn’t have any of those miniscule grains for exfoliating (which the Cle De Peau Refreshing Cleansing Foam had and I loved) But it’s acceptable since it is a whitening cleansing foam after all.
Come on, you guys know I’m a huge fan of Sulwhasoo. I’m almost in a marriage with it – about 90% of my skincare range is Sulwhasoo. BUT! I’ll still give an unbiased review simply cos I’m a well-trained journalist. 😀
- It has a nice scent – kinda citrusy, almost lime-like (not limelight hurhurhur).
- The scent is refreshing, and a bit unlike any other cleanser I’ve tried before.
- The cleanser is a rich and soft cream that’s unabrasive even when applied directly onto your skin.
- There are no miniscule grains for exfoliating – this is targeted at skin whitening and skintone evening (and does a good job at that too!)
- I just have one small pet peeve – the foam. just. does. not. lather. No matter what permutation of water:foam combination I use, it just doesn’t seem to foam up like other foaming cleansers. There’s slightttt foaming, but no spectacular bubbles were formed. No biggie though. – it’s just like cleansing with emulsified cream (not much dripping either).
- After cleansing, my skin isn’t stripped of its natural moisture – no squeaky clean feeling. In fact, there seems to be a really thin film of moisture on my skin after cleanser, the kinda feeling you get after using a cleansing oil, but 50% of that.
- My skin is definitely brighter by about 5-10%, and I’m using it religiously to try to even out the pimple scars caused by the Astalift Moisture Foam 😦
- My skin also feels “bouncier” and firmer after each wash – hopefully after I finish this tube, I have a face that a fishball would be proud of. hurhurhur.
Overall, I’d say give this a try. For a high-end brand like Sulwhasoo, SGD50 for a cleansing foam is pretty affordable. What’s more it’s quite a large tube (will go home and check out the ml). Need another reason to buy this?
Cos it’s Sulwhasoo. muahahaha.