Just when I thought I could morph back into a sleeping monster since Romeo has gone back, I couldn’t be more wrong. Thanks to my kaki (local slang for partner-in-crime) and my various other writing gigs, I’ve got a slew of events lined up for this week, including a free screening of Warm Bodies tonight (hurhurhur, don’t judge me, you know you want to watch it as well, just to see how lame it can get) and a Maybelline parteh tomorrow night.
In commemoration of this, I have decided to blog about this Maybelline Eyestudio Master Brow Brow Pencil.
This is a surprisingly cheap and good item – kinda like your neighbourhood stall that still sells chicken rice for $2.50.
- It comes in a simple and lightweight packaging- a twist-up slim cylinder that is pretty much idiot-proof.
- No sharpening is required – the lead is slim enough to provide an accurate line (unless you want superrrrrr slim one-hairline brows)
- It takes about 2-3 strokes to “warm up”, so warm it up on a tissue or on the back of your hand before applying to your brows.
- You don’t need to put in too much pressure to get the line – just handle it softly like how you would handle tofu.
- The colour is a natural grey, and almosttttt gives me the Korean brow shape I want.
- This is comparable with the Ebony pencil that most Koreans use.
I don’t know the price, but I’m pretty sure it’s only about $10-15, since Maybelline is priced affordably and competitively. I’m considering getting the brown version 😀 Make sure you get this twist-up version – there’s another version under a very similar name that’s a sharpening pencil.