Hoooo. Romeo has finally gone home (buttttt -cue Arnold’s Terminator voice- he’ll be
bark back). One of the good things about having a makeup artist as your friend is that free professional advice you’ll get. Sometimes, I wonder if they get sick of it.. hmmm…
Anyhoos, this is one of the palettes approved by both makeup artists and me – this superbly gorgeous eyeshadow palette from Bobbi Brown.
Closer view of the colours – note that the first picture is a more accurate representation of the colours. Think the clouds in the sky kinda messed up my colour settings. yes yes, I use natural lighting for my photos cos I don’t have a studio / lighting. so bite me. haha.
Now this is what I call an eyeshadow palette.
- It comes in a slim brushed/sandpaper effect casing which is so, so convenient to carry around.
- It comes with a double-ended brush which is useful for touching up on the go. At home, I still prefer to use normal makeup brushes.
- The mirror is large enough to accommodate both eyes – an underrated factor, if you ask me. When using a small mirror, I’m pretty convinced that some people have strained their necks just by turning repeatedly from left to right. Tsk.
- The colours are fabulous! Most of it are neutral tones, but they are very well chosen – they can take you safely from day to night, and there’s a good selection of matte and shimmery colours, and even a dark one that can double as an eyeliner or smokey eyeshadow.
- Colours number 4 and 7 are Bobbi Brown’s sparkle formula, which gives a majorly gorgeous film of sparkle. Perfect for patting atop as a finish, or to tone down the dark shades.
- The powder grains are relatively finely textured – fall-off is not that common and are relatively pigmented. Only Colour 6 takes a few more coats to get the colour you see.
- The colours also last quite long and don’t cake that horribly on my oily eyelids.
This was their Fall 2012 collection, so if you can still get it, I’d totally recommend it. Whenever I go overseas or need to morph from Shiterella to Cinderella after work, this is my go-to item.