I was just searching for my post on the Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream, and HOLY MOTHER OF BAD MEMORY, I did not write a blog review on it! What’s more, it took more one. whole. blooming. long. year (or more) to finish the tiny bottle of cream, and I hurled it into my dustbin with such aplomb and satisfaction after finishing it.
Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream in a nutsehll – good for firming, kept the crow’s feet at bay, not great on the dark circle removal, and can give millia seeds if you apply too much. More information here.
Right, so now that that’s out of the way, I’ll move on to the topic of the day – my spanking new awesome eye cream 😀
Thanks ah chew for this wonderful recommendation! As much as I love Sulwhasoo to death, this YSL eye serum trumps the Sulwhasoo Essential Rejuvenating Eye Cream.
- The packaging is luxe, in a pearl-sheened purple gradient bottle that comes with a dropper for convenient and hygenic dispensing of the serum.
- I feel that this dropper is better than a pump system, since I can guesstimate the amount more accurately. What’s more, pump system bottles (as used in the Sulwhasoo eye cream) cannot be opened, so I can’t dig out all the remaining cream that’s umpumpable.
- However, I feel that this dropper dispenses a slight bit too much for one droplet – as shown from my photos, one drop is enough for half of my hand.
- The serum is a thick-consistency liquid (but it’s not quite a gel).
- It spreads easily but doesn’t drip all over the place.
- What I do is to put a drop on the tip of my left index finger, and then use my right index finger to press down on my left index finger. Now that both fingertips are covered with serum, I apply them simultaneously under both eyes and gently massage-tap it in. The instructions say that we should apply it to our temple as well, so yes, I did it.
- I know most schools of thought advocate using the ring finger, but I’m just locomotor-challenged. I have better control over my index fingers than my ring fingers. or pinky fingers for that matter.
- Upon first application, I felt a very, very slight warm sensation, the kind that you get when the product is actually working and taking effect. Woohoo!
- I’ve been using it for about 2-3 weeks now, and I can see my dark eyes circles brightening up slightly.
- More importantly, the skin under my eyes feels more moisturised, with less fine lines (meaning less dry).
- I haven’t seen any extra millia seeds growing even though the amount applied is more than the Sulwhasoo eye cream.
I’ve recommended this to some friends and they totally loved it. If you’re looking for a new eye cream, it’s time to go forth and conquer! I think the price is about 80-100. Le gf bought it at the airport at S$79, so it’s pretty damn affordable.
Begone, dark eye circlessssss.. shoo!