Chinese New Year is coming! In true cheena tradition, it’s time to bring out all the reds – it’s the one time of the year that I’m socially allowed to dress from top to toe in red and not be mocked for it. On the contrary, I usually get praised for it – Chinese believe that red brings and signifies luck. Of course, I stop short of wearing red undies. that’s a little OTT, doncha think?
These two turned out surprisingly different from their swatches on my hand.
- Check out R07 for instance – it turned out to be more coral-orange on my lips.
- The R15 also turned out to be more natural on my lips versus the pink-plum on my hands.
- The R07 has a higher shine factor, so be sure to have perfectly moisturised and non-peeling or non-chapped lips when you wear it. If you click on my picture to enlarge it, you’ll realise that you can see my peeling lips very clearly.
- The R07 is more coral, so it kinda makes my skintone look yellowish. Those with similar skintone – stay away from this.
- On the other hand, the R15 turns out surprisingly well – it has a more matte finish, and actually looks like I’ve got naturally rosy lips. Plus, even after I pucker up, it doesn’t sink into the crevices of my lips.
- Both go on very smoothly without having a too-thick consistency.
- Plus, there’s a sweet bubblegummy scent, which makes me want to smack my lips more. heh.
If I were to recommend, I’d totally say get the R15, simply cos the colour is more wearable.