I recently chopped about 4-5 inches off at some hair salon in Sinchon, Korea. For girls who have long hair, you’ll know my pain – it was like seeing a miniature poodle on the floor 😦 But I had no choice – my hair was just a crowning mane of insane from the two perms in 12 months (note to self: do not indulge in hairy kamikaze acts like these anymore)
My decision to chop my hair was met with a nod of agreement by my most beloved Jei – the awesome and dauntingly cool hair stylist (who’s now at Switch Hair Zone) who doesn’t speak a word of English but can still cut hair in 4-inch heels without wincing in pain.
Suzy Fatzy. Winter clothing is so unflattering, especially when you have to endure -19 degrees celsius temperatures. But anyway, don’t you notice the awesome and drastic difference in my hair?
Now that I have some semblence of hair, my curls are actually visible again. Which means, I can start experimenting with hair curling products again. yay!
Even though I missed the L’Oreal EverStyle launch event due to torrential rains and flooding at my place, the PR peeps very kindly sent me a set for review. My eyes zeroed in on this L’Oreal EverStyle Curl Activating Mousse simply cos, well, my hair really needs some activation of some sort.
I prefer this mousse to the gel product from the range (review to come soon!).
- It is easy to apply – simply dispense the mousse and apply it the ends of your hair. I didn’t take a photo of it cos, you know, mousse is mousse.
- I dispense around one palmful of mouse (for the whole head, not one palmful for each side), rub it in with two hands and then twist the ends around my fingers / scrunch it up in my palm.
- The instructions say to apply it onto damp hair, but I find that it makes my hair sticky and stiff throughout the day. I now prefer to use it on dry hair, which leaves it feeling airy with nice bouncy curls that I can run my fingers through.
- I like that it doesn’t look like there’s product on my hair – well, perhaps a little, but not the overdone look. Something that makes me seem like I bother to groom myself slightly before leaving the house.
- One of the reasons why I like it is also cos it’s an alcohol-free product – if my hair were to get any drier with the typical hair products, it might just very well erupt into a forest fire with just a slight static spark.
- The scent is a tad bit strong though – it’s like swath of scent engulfing the area around my face the whole day, reminding me that I applied hair product in the morning.
- It lasts for the whole day and doesn’t go flat, which is a great plus point.
If you’re in need of some curl control, this is worth a try. It’s affordable at just $17.90 and is available at Watsons and Guardians (I think! – will dig around for the press release to confirm)