During my days at CLEO, I used to enjoy Majolica Majorca events (and for some reason, we’d call the brand MJ for short – I still don’t know why we did that). MJ’s events were fun and fluffy. I recall one event during the previous manager Evelyn’s time – good lord, she made us all dress up in corsets, big poofy skirts and don large feathered hats. AND she took photos of us as well. I’m so sure that those photos will resurface when I debut as a Kpop star in 5 years hah.
Anyhoos, here’s one of my favourite MJ products – an extremely underrated and simple Creamy Pencil Liner.
Nose bridge highlighter: Laneige Love in Bloom Sculpting Blusher + CLIO Touching Apple Cheek (review coming soon!)
Eyeliner: (top) Laneige Natural Eyeliner in Natural Black shade, (bottom) Majolica Majorca Cream Pencil Liner in Cocoa Brown
This is a really good pencil. As in, really good.
For those who’ve been reading my posts regularly, you’d have known that I’ve been lamenting non-stop about my
eyelids oil lids.
I think it’s just the 90% humidity levels humidity here – no makeup really stays on our skin, and it’s quite hard to find an eye makeup product that doesn’t morph us into racoons within 3 hours. Plus, you’d think that as a journalist, we’d be exposed to so many products that we’d be drowning in awesome products to recommend to friends – well, sadly, most of them don’t stand out from each other.
- This creamy pencil glides on smoothly, applies evenly and doesn’t pull on the skin at your eye area. It’s not as buttery as the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil – perhaps 75% of it.
- It’s water-proof, and amazingly, relatively smudge proof. It just somehow manages to cling onto my lower lash line and not smudge for at least 4-5 hours – which in my books, is just 10% short of a miracle. I’m not the only one who loves this – check out this pinoy blogger’s review.
- Its colour is intense and comes with miniscule shimmer specks – an added bonus to add some sparkle to your eyes.
- I love this so much that I’m actually waking up 5 minutes earlier every day to apply eye makeup – I usually just go in full-on panda-mode to work.
- On the other hand, it’s in a convenient size (slightly shorter than normal pencils), so I guess I could also carry it around to touch up (but then again, there’s no need to touch up! woot!)
- Romeo (my pal who works as a head makeup trainer at Amore Pacific and has done makeup for the likes of Sandara Park) loves the Bobbi Brown Long-wear Eye Pencil, but he also uses eyeshadow to set it. For this Majolica pencil, I don’t have to set this with an eyeshadow – just draw and go.
- I’ve also got the black version – I’m crossing my fingers that it works just as well. Sometimes, a different colour formulation of a product may not work as well.
Otherwise, it’s totally worth buying. If I recall correctly, the price is really affordable – it should be about S$15 (but I’ll check and get back to you guys). It’s a Japanese drugstore makeup brand, and is targeted at the younger ladies, so it can’t be all that ex. 😀
Update: 6 February: Turns out that the black version of this is not as awesome. Read my review here.