The Monday Blues are known to all, but this British article says that Wednesday is the saddest day of the week, and I concur.
It’s not any where near the weekend, so you can’t slack off, and neither can you let loose after work cos, you know, there’s work on Thursday and Friday. I guess that’s also why Singapore’s top club Zouk used to have this awesome party every Wednesday playing happy feel-good retro songs from the 1980s – think Bananarama, Belinda Carlisle, Rick Astley and Kylie from her frizzy hair days.
Since today is supposedly the worst day of the week, my face is naturally the darkest, stormiest and gloomiest, which is why this product is absolutely essential for me.
I tried, and I tried, but I just couldn’t avoid capturing myself in the glossy packaging. Oh well, at least I’m not the yellow skater dress girl who showed her vajayjay to the whole world. haha. but then again she is now 100,000 pounds richer cos of sky-rocketing bids on the dress.
I mixed it with my Sulwhasoo Evenfair Smoothing Foundation – notice the slight 2% difference in colour tone? The Burberry Fresh Glow “lightens” the foundation.
This is awesome – the product works well alone and together with other products. Indeed, a makeup artist’s recommendation can never go wrong – Larry Yeo, ELLE’s makeup artist of the year 2012 and my pal, recommended this to me during the Burberry Vintage Gold event last year. Thanks pal 😀
- As a primer – it’s lightweight, sheer, and yet so full of moisture and makes my skin glow like a Kpop star on the red carpet.
- It’s easily absorbed and doesn’t cake.
- There’s not much coverage – it’s more of a sheer moisture-enhancing base. If you want a primer with more coverage, get the Hera Age Away Primer Base. If you want a base that’s got a more matte / velvety finish, try the Laneige Water Supreme Primer Base.
- When I mix it into my foundation, it doesn’t turn into a gross concoction – in fact, it blends in so well. No double, double toil and trouble there.
- It helps to lighten my foundation by just 1-2%, which is just nice, cos I’m getting fairer from my usage of Sulwhasoo’s Snowise range.
- It adds extra glow and makes my skin look more dewy (since foundations are generally more heavy)
- It also helps set my foundation much faster and better, as compared with applying the Fresh Glow and foundation separately.