We just had a London weekend – it was raining non-stop and the skies were overcast and perpetually grey. The temperature even dipped from our usual sauna-like 35 degrees celsius to 24 degrees celsius. Nice and cool, and perfect of staying in the entire weekend. And you know what’s even better? A luxurious expensive Sulwhasoo mask 😀
This is how the mask really looks like – oozing and soaked with what I assume is Sulwhasoo Whitening Serum. The mask itself is sandwiched between two pieces of veil in order to preserve its shape (or else it’ll crumple into a ball of nothing).
Sorry for the unprofessional photography that isn’t my usual style, but I wasn’t about to place this onto my photobox and waste all le essence. heh.
Woah, this was worth the wait. I had actually gotten some of these masks some time back as
demanded gifts for throwing spending a lot of money at the Lotte Myeong Dong Sulwhasoo counter, and was saving them as a treat for myself.
- The sheet mask is so well-cut and adheres perfectly to the contours of your face. There are no weird flaps sticking out, and everything that should stay on your face stays. And no wonder – it’s all handmade.
- There’s a generous supply of serum / essence given, so much that you can use it for several days after. In fact, I managed to save mine for 5 more daily doses.
- The application can be a tad tricky though – you’ll really need to make sure that it doesn’t drip onto your dresser or floor since there’s so much essence, and there’s also the extra step of having to gingerly remove the veil sheets without tangling up the mask itself. Definitely a two-handed job.
- After usage, my skin feel more moist (surprisingly, even though it’s supposed to be a whitening mask).
- I’m already naturally fair, so I can’t tell much of a difference in skin tone. Plus, I’ve been using Sulwhasoo for years, so the effects would already have started showing much earlier. (ie since I use the Sulwhasoo Snowise Whitening Serum)
Get this only as a treat for yourself – I’m not sure of the price for this version, but the Snowise Whitening EX Mask is S$162 for 10 sheets. For that amount I’d rather spend it on a bottle of serum that goes a longer way 🙂