Long ago in 2010, there was a Hanskin outlet in Myeongdong, but I only discovered it when it was having its closing-down sale. Of course, I grabbed a basketload of BB creams (that were only going for KRW10,000 each!), and a whole truckload of other stuff that I didn’t need.
Since then, I haven’t really come across another Hanskin outlet until recently – I ventured to the inner depths of Sinchon and found one small, tiny little outlet! What’s more, there was a SALE. Of course, I reverted to my ballistic self.
I love this!
- Firstly, it comes in such a compact and well-designed casing – no magnet, no click-look, no twisting. Instead, there’s a certain spring-lock mechanism that helps you avoid accidentally opening it, snaps it shut so firmly, and yet is easy to open.
- The Silk Basic Eyeshadows are more nude and basic colours – more of base colours. Only in 5 colours – Nudy Purple, Nudy Khaki, Nudy Brown, Nudy Beige and Nudy Pink.
- The Metallic Eyeshadows are more glittery and for making your eyes pop. Also available in 5 colours.
- The powder grains are so fine and don’t flake all over my face.
- The Silk Basic Eyeshadow in Nudy Beige is the perfect shade of beige for my base eye colour – great for shading and blending, or just for a normal day look.
- To add some subtle sparkle to my eye, I use the Metallic Eyeshadow. The sparkle flecks are great for illuminating my eyes and making them look larger.
- Plus, they last pretty long, and can go about 4-5 hours without caking. That, by my oil-lid standards, is pretty amazing.
If you manage to find a Hanskin store, I say get alllll the colours. It was so cheap – KRW6,000 before a20-40% discount. woah.