Forgive me, my dear readers – I’m still in trip-hangover mode, so the frequency of my beauty product reviews are slightly tardy. Plus, I usually take my photos on the weekends (when the sun is bright and my energy levels are 100%), and I’ve been hard at work this entire week, so I haven’t had time to sort through my gigantic stash of shopping from Korea and take proper peektures. I have, however, starting using them, and yayyyy I’m so happy that I managed to score such awesome stuff again!
Here’s one that I had actually planned to review before I went to Korea, but I was too busy panic
packing throwing random bunches of clothing and toiletries into my luggage that I never got around to doing a proper write-up. I don’t do half-arsed efforts, so I figured I’d keep it till I got back. And voila – here it is!
- It goes on oh-so-smoothly, and doesn’t leave a thick icky feeling.
- In fact, it’s pretty lightweight considering the fact that it has such rich colour (see point below). Me likey.
- The colour is surprisingly rich – just one coat was enough to “change” my lip colour to that of the lipstick, and you know that it usually takes 2-3 coats of “building” before the real colour of the lipstick manifests.
- It doesn’t cake that visibly on my dry chapped lips – in fact, I’m (again) surprised that it even seems to act as a lip balm to soften my lip lines and hydrate them slightly.
- It lasts a decent 4-5 hours, and when it dries up, it doesn’t really disappear, but leaves a soft rosy flush on the lips, kinda like the Dior Addict Extreme that I love.
- I’m using T7 shade – it’s slightly more pink than red, but is still a lovely shade of cherry that adds a touch of colour to my face. This blogger has got pretty nice pictures that show the richness and gloss of the T7. However, they’re slightly over touched-up – too much lightening – the T7 isn’t as pink as shown in her pictures. Still worth a look though.
When my girlfriend first told me that she spent about a hundred on a CDP lipstick, I gasped and berated her for it, going on like a broken tape recorder about how she should spend the money on me instead. But now, I know.
Luxury products are indeed luxurious and well-made – if you’re looking to reward yourself for scoring that high grade or promotion, or (in this more wallet-friendly scenario) have someone who owes you a belated Christmas present, you can get this one 😀 It’s definitely one product that you’ll find yourself wanting to use everyday, and therefore is worth the moolah (vs the Cle De Peau Extra Silky Lipstick).