Working in the tech industry has been good for my soul. The tech dudes in the tech industry are just so nice and normal. If they take a dig at you, they do it in your face, I hurl something at them/try to kick them, everyone laughs it off, case closed. Life moves on.
That was why I was so aghast to meet a dude who was such a douche. Last week, I attended the Amore Pacific Gala Dinner (this is the edited version) and was seated at a table with the spouse of a high-ranking staff. He should have conducted himself better but he didn’t – in fact, he managed to come across as the rudest and most arrogant person I’ve ever met in my entire life.
Thus, I blogged about it – not to gain attention nor to blow it out of proportion, but simply to get it out of my system – some people indulge in retail therapy, others become keyboard warriors, aka me. Surprisingly, I got a call from the PR folks yesterday asking if I could take down the post cos apparently they were getting heat from the top – out of the niceness of my heart, I decided to edit it.
Since I could barely bring myself to retaliate that rude fella, my claws are clearly rusty. I guess in future, I can only arm myself with this – fierce makeup aka a truckload of eyeliner. That’s what all the Korean girl groups do – eyeliner = major fierceness.
Top: T-ara looking relatively fresher and more friendly in their Bo Peep image vs their Day By Day heavy eyeliner fierceness below
When I was in Korea, my pal Romeo recommended that I buy this following item (which, to my surprise, wasn’t a Korean item, but was sold in Aritaum. Looks like Amore Pacific recognised the potential of this product).
I love this product! Makeup artists’ recommendations can never go wrong .
- This eyeliner is black enough – even with a single stroke, the intensity of the black is visible.
- Because of its marker tip, control is easy.
- The eyeliner lasts, and lasts, and lasts! I’m really impressed with this cos I’ve got oillids, and yet this managed to stay on the entire day (8 hours). Wowowow.
- When (and after it eventually) smudges, it doesn’t leave an ugly black smudge (ala raccoon eyes). It somehow disintegrates and flakes quietly away without leaving ugly residue on your face. I don’t know how it does that. The only other eyeliner I know capable of doing this is the Laneige Natural Eyeliner.
- A slight peeve I have about this product is that its tip can be a little abrasive on the lids. When I swatched it on my hand, it didn’t feel rough at all, but during application it felt quite rough and tugged a bit on my lids. Perhaps my lids are too sensitive or too used to the softer brush-type applicators ie CLIO Brush Liner or the felt tips ie L’Oreal Super Liner.
The last point aside, it’d be a perfect eyeliner – I’d still recommend that you get this though.