The world is evolving much – just last week, I sat in amused silence as someone lectured me on why I shouldn’t use oil blotters cos “it will result in your skin producing more sebum because your skin becomes drier instead.” Since I’ve got years in the beauty industry, this isn’t the first time I’m hearing it, but it is the first time I’m getting it from a dude – a tech journalist from a tech magazine. MANKIND, I’M SO PROUD OF YOU!
This is why I believe my skincare / makeup regime should also be constantly evolving – just cos I used to pile on the makeup when I was younger doesn’t mean I should continue doing the same, especially since my skin is going to the dogs. And that’s also why I’m perpetually trying new products (therefore giving rise to this blog) 😀
In my quest for Kpop celebrity skin, I’m trying this one.
Not bad, not bad indeed. This really does give you an illuminating effect.
Here’s the official spiel off their website:
This air-light, silky formula enhances the natural skin tone with a brightened luminosity.
Designed to create shimmery accents to contour and highlight any area of the face, this unique formula is perfect and flattering on all skin tones. An invisible light diffuser, Cellular Treatment Liquid Soft Glow creates a soft-focus effect to blur the look of lines and wrinkles.
Formulated with La Prairie’s legendary Cellular Complex, this innovative product helps skin feel flawless, with a firmer, more lifted appearance.
This silky, lightweight fluid may be worn alone or blended with your favourite foundation to enhance the luminosity of your skin.
- It has a slight fragrance that doesn’t annoy me much.
- There are iridescent shimmer specks that surprisingly aren’t too obvious after blending it out.
- Compared with other products / bases, it takes perhaps 10% longer to be absorbed, leaving my skin slightly softer and feeling more moisturised.
- Because of the previous point, your makeup will sit and set better.
- You can use this three ways – under the foundation (for a more subtle glow), mixed with your foundation before application for a more radiant finish, or on top of the foundation for highlighting purposes.
- It doesn’t give any coverage, so if you’re looking for something to even out your skin tone, try other bases / primers like the Laneige Water Supreme Primer Base (low coverage), Sulwhasoo Evenfair Smoothing Makeup Base (medium coverage), Hera Age Away Primer Base (high coverage). For one with a higher level of glow, try the Holika Holika Miracle Real Skin Finish (medium-high coverage + high glow).
- Did I also mention that this is a skin care product? I believe it contacts botanicals and hydrators.
This is one surprisingly awesome product – although pricey, I’d recommend it. It’s not a new product though – I believe it was launched in 2011. It’s time to redeem those Good Girl points and put this on your xmas wish list 😀