Contrary to popular belief, magazine journalists do not strut in to work looking all “bitch, I’m fabulous”. It’s quite the opposite – on ordinary days, we (well, mostly, I) trudge to work in our most lup-tup (local slang for shoddy, crappy, shitty, you get the gist) clothes with our glasses perched at the tip of our noses.
You don’t seriously expect us to look good while we stare intently at the screen and try to bang out an article? It’s hard to be glamourous when we start pulling our hair out, flip numerous press kits and holler insanely (to no one in particular) “my article deadline is tomorrow! I have to pull something out of my panties now!”
Anyhoos, at the end of that, we usually have to attend some event, so that’s when the war paint comes out. Since we already have raccoon eyes, the last thing we need is something else that draws focus to it, and that is the reason why I am not recommending this item.
- The application wand was alright – the fatter end makes it easier to reach all the lashes and apply the mascara evenly.
- It lengthens the lashes and volumnises it slightly.
- There’s also a slight curling effect.
- However (here comes the “but”) – this smudges so horribly.
- It takes so long to dry – blink, and it smudges.
- Even after it dries, it smudges. I don’t know why and how, but I had horrible raccoon eyes the whole day. It just wouldn’t stop smudging! Every single time I went to the toilet, I had to clean my undereye smudges.
You shouldn’t spend a single cent on this, and even if someone gave it to you, give it away! Get it away from you like it’s some zombie virus. Run, run, run like there’s a $1 Chanel bag sale waiting for you at the finish line!