I love glowy skin – matte’s so last season. However, highlighters can only be used selectively on certain parts of the face, or else I’ll look like I was going to audition for the role of Me-stink, Mystique’s sister who was abandoned out of embarrassment to the family.
I chanced upon this product two weeks ago when I was in Korea – I wasn’t quite sure what it was. In fact, the price was what caught my eye. 12 bucks for a tub of cream? My inner cheapskate reared its head and reached my grubby paws towards this.
Two versions for two types of skin
The supposed before and after effects – I’m already fair so it doesn’t make as much a difference in my own before and after pics. I’ll try to post them soon. If you’re slightly more tanned, check out this blogger’s before and after pics.
Another one taken under sunlight
So what exactly is this?
Turns out that this cream is an all-in-one: base, highlighter, skin colour corrector, moisturiser, sun block, and some oil control. Once again, I’ll like to re-iterate – for 12 bucks. ZOMG.
- It may come across as being extremely white at first, but it blends in well.
- It’s supposedly suitable for usage on its own, but my eyebags are too severe to be covered, so I prefer to use it as a base.
- It’s lightweight.
- It helps to lock in your skin’s moisture.
- It provides a good base for my foundation or BB.
- It doesn’t cake.
- It creates that glowy (but not overly oily or shiny) finish.
- It has a semi-matte finish to it – random strands of hair don’t stick as easily onto my face.
I’d recommend it solely for its price point – it’s cheap and good, and serves so many purposes. In times of need, these will come in so so useful for both your wallet and your face.