I have mixed reactions towards Lee Hyori – on one hand, she’s not the most honourable athelete. If you’ve watched the first few episodes of Running Man, you’ll know what I’m talking about. Seriously, what’s with the hair pulling? This isn’t a bitch fight, girlfriend. It’s just a variety show. It’s not even close to being competitive or good sportsmanship.
On the other hand, she’s oh-so-ridiculously sexy and smoking and not the typical Girls’ Generation act-cute girl. She’s also not your typical run-of-the-mill plastic barbie churned out by one of the many plastic surgery clinics at Apgujeong. And damn, she is so damned sexy!
Plus, she is dating this supposedly “ugly” guy whom many feel are not worthy of her, showing that she does see beyond the person’s facade. I give it to her – to be very honest, even I wouldn’t go for such a guy (based on looks alone).
She is also known for having some of the best smokey eyed looks since she’s all sex goddess.
However, I think this is also what made me give in – her advertising for my favourite soju – hey, I’ve already said before that I’m a sucker who’s easily fooled by overly-photoshopped advertisements.
Hey, if I drink a crate of soju a month, I could end up like her. or not. Maybe if the men all drank a crate of soju a day, I’d look like this in their drunken haze. More awesome soju advertisements of Lee Hyori here and here.
When I was in Korea last week, I noticed a few new shops in my second home Myeongdong, including a standalone CLIO boutique store. Of course I had to go in and wipe everything off its shelves. Here’s one of my purchases.
CLIO Twisturn Waterproof Turliner – KRW16,000
When you first get it, there’s a ring lock on the eyeliner. You have to remove it, and then jam down the ink into the rest of the body to get the juices flowing.
The range of colours for the CLIO Twisturn Eyeliner – I bought it in Urban Black and Club Grey (will add a swatch of this soon!)
The colour intensity of these look a little too rich. I suspect there might have been at least 5-8 layers applied. Check out my swatch below for a more accurate representation.
I love and hate this eyeliner at the same time.
- It’s immensely rub-proof.
- It’s got a good colour intensity.
- It comes with really miniscule glitter specks for that subtle glow and sheen.
- It also has long staying power – about 6 hours on average.
- It doesn’t flake off or smudge that badly either.
- However, its formula doesn’t seem to sit well with me – when combined with the oil secretion from my eyelids, it forms a somewhat sticky substance that’s similar to double eyelid glue. I find my double eyelids either sticking too closely to each other, or a brand new double eyelid line is formed.
- The twist mechanism is also a little wonky. I can twist the end and hear the click-stop go off 2-3 times and yet nothing comes out. Just 1 more click, and woosh, a giant blob of ink comes out. Plus, because it’s a smooth surface, sometimes I can’t get a good enough grip on the end twist-tip.
- Also, although it says it’s waterproof and resists all my efforts at rubbing it off and stays put under running water, it comes off SUPER EASILY when I use a wet tissue. Strange.
I’m not sure how to rectify the whole situation about the double eyelid glue formation though.. Once my eye infection goes away, perhaps I’ll add on some eyelid primer beforehand. Will keep you guys updated!
Meanwhile, if you don’t have eyelids worthy of propelling you to Dubai oil-induced wealth, I”d totally recommend you get this – it’s a worthy alternative to my favourite Laneige Natural Eyeliner. I’m selling off an extra one that I bought (but in a different shade of Club Grey) if anyone’s interested 😀
Updated: More swatches for those who’re not sure what to buy 🙂