As much as I love Korean culture, I just wish they didn’t have to go plastic for everything. I’ve got big-small eyes as a result of falling and hitting my eyes on the corner of the table when young.
I’ve been sorely tempted to go for corrective plastic surgery in Korea even since I found out that it’s so damn cheap – about SGD300-500 only! – but I’ve decided to resist. I pride myself on being all natural 😀
That’s why even though I’ve got an outstanding package with Browhaus for eyelash extensions, I prefer to hunt for more natural solutions, such as lash growth serums. I first started with the DHC eyelash serum, and it really worked. Unfortunately the brush was so bristly and tough that I ended up poking out more lashes than growing them.
During one of the many times I was in Korea, I was wandering the streets of Myeong Dong when I saw this.
Being a super gullible consumer who is easily deceived by Photoshopped advertisements, of course, I bought a set.
Etude House Dr Lash Ampule Long & Volume
Left: Ampule for night usage before you go to bed. Right: Lash primer to prep and protect your lashes before you apply mascara
The Ampule applicator has a soft Qtip-like tip so that you can dab the roots of your lashes without poking your eyes out.
The Lash primer has a normal mascara-like applicator, but it is significantly softer and less pokey than DHC.
An added service for customers – there’s a lash-measuring ruler so that you can check the growth rate of your lashes.
This is quite a good product! To be honest, I didn’t measure my lashes before and after application – I tried, but with my eyes closed, I had to enlist my bro’s help to measure accurately. He was being a typical brother by trying to poke my eyes out with the lash-measuring ruler instead.
However, I do have affirmative proof that my lashes did grow longer.
- My usual eyelash extension therapist actually thought I was wearing mascara (when I wasn’t).
- She usually uses the 9/10 length falsies, but she had to change to the 11/12 ones cos my lashes had grown longer and outgrown the previously-used ones!
Why should you get it?
- It’s scentless.
- There’s no sticky residue.
- If it accidentally gets into your eyes, it doesn’t smart that badly. (I have a bad habit of flooding my lashes with plenty of ampule in hope of them sprouting overnight like Jack’s Beanstalk).
- It makes your lashes grow.
- The applicator tips for both the ampule and primer are soft and don’t poke your eyes or eyelids.
- The primer makes your lashes stronger and allows mascara to be applied more smoothly.
- The primer also protects your lashes during the day. I secretly (well, not so secret now) apply them onto my brows too.