If I hear one more person spout lyrical about “There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”, I will punch that person. Ever heard of “There are only that many times you can repeat a cliched phrase before it gets boring”?
Plus, there really are ugly people. It doesn’t matter how perfect your skin is – I assess someone’s beauty by taking into consideration their character. I used to work with a couple of Pan-Asian girls and by all accounts, are supposed to be really pretty girls. In fact, one of them was even a Dove spokesperson for some campaign about meaty girls in 2005/2006. But this girl oozes insincerity like how I ooze sebum after coming out from an air-conditioned place, while the other radiates smarminess. Tsk tsk, how ugly you girls are.
But in all truthfulness, you really have to put in effort to maintain good skin and look pretty. Have a face mask once a week and an exfoliating session twice a week – try out this Sulwhasoo White Ginseng Brightening Mask.
If you go to the website, this is the picture you’ll see:
Look closely – the product actually used to be called a gel, and that’s actually closer to the product than the word “masl”. In fact, I’d totally call it an exfoliating gel. In fact, the Korean words printed on the packaging still say 설화수 백삼젤 (Sulwhasoo baek-sam-jel –> white ginseng gel)
Sulwhasoo White Ginseng Brightening Mask 설화수 백삼젤 – KRW60,000
This is one of the best exfoliators I’ve ever used! There are really fine bits of white ginseng powder and random other herbs encased in a rich gel, thus the exfoliating process is not too harsh. Yet it gently removes all the dead skin cells on the surface to reveal clearer, smoother and softer skin.
- It’s cheap (for a Sulwhasoo product) and also comparable to other masks at approximately SGD66.
- It exfoliates your skin gently so that your skin doesn’t get too dry.
- It removes dead skin cells for softer and smoother skin.
- It smells of yummy ginseng.
- Its rich gel doesn’t run or drip so it isn’t messy – doesn’t require water to “start up” as well, so you can use it as it is.
- It washes off easily and there’s no residual product. You can choose to use a cleanser after, or not.
- In fact, you can even use it in place of your usual cleanser in the morning.
It’s currently been repackaged under the Snowise Range as the Snowise EX White Ginseng Exfoliating Gel, and retails for $68.