In celebration of my new makeshift lightbox (a combination of acrylic and cardboard sheets) and my new S95 canon camera, I’ve decided to do a more elaborate blog post on my BB cushions.
My collection of BB cushions :D
As you can (or rather, can’t) see, the differences are barely visible
The differences are more obvious when applied on my arm. Hera blends in better while IOPE and Laneige don’t blend in as well. They also seem a little duller / more matte.
It’ll be really tough for me to try to pick a best one, but I’ve tried my best to break it down.
- Hera UV Mist Cushion: Good coverage + dewy glowy finish + lightweight and breathable + rosy pinkish + long-staying + doesn’t have much of a scent
- Iope Air Cushion Sunblock Ex Cover: Decent coverage + dewy finish (somewhat matte) + lightweight and breathable + pink with a tinge of yellow + medium-staying power + smells quite good
- Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion: Good coverage + dewy glowy finish + lightweight and breathable + pink with a tinge of yellow + medium-staying power + smells the best
There really isn’t much of a difference since they’re all formulated by the same parent company – Amore Pacific – and the technology and science behind these products are more or less the same. I love all my BB cushions, but if I really had to recommend one, my top pick will be the Hera UV Mist Cushion, followed by Laneige and then IOPE.
The reasons for my top pick?
- The colour is closest to my skin tone – it has a rosy pink shade and isn’t as yellow as the rest (not that they’re super yellow. This is entirely on a comparative basis).
- It lasts the longest.
- It has a wonderful Kpop star-like glowy and dewy finish.
- It has the most coverage, which is perfect for concealing my undereye dark circles.
- And the most important reason? Shin Min Ah is Hera’s spokesperson and I love her :D